KDDI Application Optimization Service
Optimize network resources by setting priority controls!
Optimize network resources by indentifing real time traffic of each application and setting priority controls
The Application Optimization Service makes it possible to identify the traffic volume of individual applications used on the user's network and manage the quality of each application. In addition, users can improve the usage environment without increasing the bandwidth by accelerating and setting priority controls for individual applications based on their importance.
- KDDI installs optimization devices in the customer's office, achieving "visibility," "optimization" and "acceleration" of the applications used on the customer's network.
- By centralized management through a central server, users can collectively optimize the traffic at all offices from their headquarters or other management office. In addition, the reporting function allows users to view quality reports for individual applications in the mesh environment connecting offices.
- There is also a virtual optimization function that allows customers to ascertain application use and utilize some of the optimization and acceleration functions without installing any equipment, by identifying sites with no optimization devices as virtual sites.
Cost optimization by optimal global circuit design
By identifying traffic on the network at the application level, optimizing the quality of each application and accelerating and setting priority controls according to importance, efficient use of communication lines is enhanced, the use environment of the user's network is improved and usage stress is minimized.
Reduction in network management burden on corporate IT staff
Unlike with existing WAN acceleration equipment, centralized management of the network, such as registration of applications and setting of the QoS profile for individual applications, is possible simply by accessing the central server.
Enhanced business efficiency by improved utilization of the user's OA environment
The user's OA use environment is improved and efficiency of operations is enhanced by improvement of important business applications, higher quality video conferencing and shorter file transmission time with overseas offices.
- *Restrictions apply to some of the functions of virtual equipment.
It is possible to identify the traffic volume, number of sessions and traffic volume per session for each application in real-time and by the historical data. Over 90 applications can be identified automatically by default registration in the software and users also can set their own additionally registered applications.
The traffic flow of the entire network is optimized based on the target values defined for each application on the optimization devices installed in each office and the central server that controls them. Applications can be assigned one of 15 user classes  that set the target values. User class priority levels beyond 15 are available as an optional service for an additional fee.
In addition to increased speed through a reduced number of ACKs  and expanded window size , efficient data transmission is realized through data compression and the cache function .
Dynamic WAN Selection (DWS)
In addition to "Visibility", "Control & QoS" and "WAN Acceleration", "Dynamic WAN Selection (DWS)" is provided as a new option service. DWS checks the quality of redundant networks automatically, and selects the best network for each application. Basically, higher-priority traffic uses a primary network, and lower-priority traffic uses a secondary network. However, they are flexible enough to use a better network when hangs occur, or quality and throughput get lower.
This function provides a precise statistical report based on measurements at the packet level for all applications.
With this function, users can ascertain application use without installing any equipment and utilize some of the optimization functions.
-  A user class is one or more applications that have been grouped together. Multiple applications can be set for one user class.
-  In computer communications, acknowledgement (ACK) is a signal sent from the destination computer in situations such as when data has been properly forwarded from the destination computer to the source computer.
-  Volume of data that can be transmitted continuously without delivery confirmation.
-  A function that stores frequently used data in a high-speed storage device in order to eliminate the need to read the data from a slow-speed storage device every time it is needed.